[digpreservation-ig] Complete the Digital POWRR Collaborative Digital Preservation Survey

stacey stacey.erdman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:32:32 CDT 2014

Hello!

The Digital POWRR project <http://digitalpowrr.niu.edu/> is comprised of
team members spread across 5 CARLI member institutions - Northern Illinois
University, Western Illinois University, Illinois State University, Chicago
State University, and Illinois Wesleyan University. For the last several
years, our IMLS National Leadership Grant has allowed us to look into
possible digital preservation solutions for small/medium/underfunded
cultural heritage organizations, and we are finally getting ready to wrap
up our study and publish our results in a white paper. However, we have our
eyes on what comes next, and are looking at potential collaborative models
(specifically a statewide model) that could allow us to reach out to
organizations that are in need of some help in getting going with digital
preservation. We've recently developed a survey that we are trying to
distribute to relevant professionals/institutions throughout Illinois, and
we felt that CARLI would be the natural place to find interested parties.
We have made it clear in the survey that CARLI would not be the one
sponsoring any service or collaboration - we are simply interested in
seeing which organizations who are members would be interested in
partnering up.

The link to the survey is below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gVBH-VfJ4YuAObiYmvW8vQH2Jdkqs7OU2bQWeuDl65E/viewform

We request responses by June 30th.

Please pass this on to anyone who you think would have an interest in
completing this survey, and make sure to include your contact information
if you would like us to follow up with you directly.

Thank you ahead of time for your help!

Sincerely,
The Digital POWRR Team

Stacey Erdman