[Discovery_PVE_Comm] Opportunity to join Ad Hoc group on Open Access Materials in Network Zone

Masciadrelli, Jennifer jmasciad at uillinois.edu
Mon Oct 17 14:47:27 UTC 2022

Hello!
I'm writing to see if there are any (1-2) volunteers from this group that might be interested in serving on an ad-hoc committee that will be tasked with reviewing the Open Access (OA) resources that are eligible to be activated in the I-Share Network Zone for all I-Share libraries. Currently I have volunteers from the Collection Management Committee, Electronic Resources Management Committee, and  the Commercial Products Committee. I'm also inquiring with the Technical Services Committee.

This group will be tasked with the review of OA collections as they either become available in the Network Zone (added by Ex Libris) or as they are suggested by members of the I-Share community. Currently we have a bit of a backlog (about 20 collections need to be vetted), however, generally speaking it would probably be fewer than 5 a month. There are set criteria for the inclusion of materials available on the CARLI website<https://www.carli.illinois.edu/products-services/collections-management/OA_eBooks> (scroll down to Guidelines Updated March 2021). Those criteria in combination with some pre-evaluation by CARLI staff will make this a more holistic approach to adding materials to the NZ, rather than a decision made by 1 or 2 CARLI Staff.

I anticipate that this group will meet once via Zoom to determine the best way to work, but that the majority of the decision making will be done via email or some other asynchronous method to make it a quick process.

Please let me know if you are interested by the end of this week, so I can get an email list started for the ad-hoc group.

Thanks!
Jen

Jennifer Masciadrelli
Assistant Director, User Services
Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI)
100 Trade Centre Dr., Suite 303
Champaign, IL 61820

Contact CARLI: support at carli.illinois.edu<mailto:support at carli.illinois.edu>
Phone 217-265-5100 or Toll-free in Illinois 866-904-5843

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University of Illinois employees regarding U of I business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.