[ERMCommittee] Feedback about NewsBank Alma/Primo VE Webhook

Green, Denise D dgree1 at uillinois.edu
Mon May 1 19:21:48 UTC 2023

Shared with permission.
Denise

From: Katie Kraushaar <k.kraushaar65 at quincy.edu<mailto:k.kraushaar65 at quincy.edu>>
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2023 4:13 PM
To: Tolbert, Marisa <marisab2 at uillinois.edu<mailto:marisab2 at uillinois.edu>>
Cc: grantsu at quincy.edu<mailto:grantsu at quincy.edu>; Green, Denise D <dgree1 at uillinois.edu<mailto:dgree1 at uillinois.edu>>
Subject: Re: NewsBank article level linking inquiry

Dear Marisa,
Thank you for reaching out.  =)  It is good to know that others are considering the webhook option for NewsBank.

In talking it over, here are our comments:
1. Our purpose in adding the search profile for NewsBank is for students and faculty to find it useful in their research.  We are finding it useful when we demonstrate catalog searches, which is one way of making sure students are aware of it.
2. We have not done a wide training or announcement that the search profile is available, so do not know if patrons have organically discovered it.  Those who have found it are not sharing their experiences.  It must be easy or they would have complained, right?

I am sorry this is not more concrete - our students are not overly-communicative about their searches until something goes wrong. We plan to do more training/ encouragement on this front with our student workers next semester, so will make a note to share that with you, too.

Thank you,

Katie Kraushaar
Brenner Library - QU