[ERMCommittee] EBSCOhost new UI

Imre, Andrea aimre at siu.edu
Wed Feb 7 22:20:15 UTC 2024

Hello all,

How many of you are using a chat widget in EBSCOhost?

Ours is set up in the current EBSCO admin -> Viewing results -> Widgets.   It was fairly simple to set this up and reference librarians really like to be able to help patrons in EBSCOhost at the point of need.

For the new UI, this is the relevant info from the handout distributed after the webinar (Denise sent this out this morning as well):
Q:  Please clarify about using our proactive chat that we have in classic EBSCOhost in the new version:
A:  In EEM, you can add a chat link in the left-hand side of the UI any other navigation link desired.  If you would like anything beyond the link, this is an enhancement request-please submit this to our support team by opening a case in the connect.ebsco.com portal.

I will file a case as I find a link completely insufficient for chat. Wouldn't this feature be desired by all libraries that have been using the widget on the old interface?  I am not sure why EBSCO is asking everyone who wants to have this feature to file a case.

Could we find out how many CARLI libraries are using a chat widget in EBSCO and either request CARLI staff to put some consortia pressure on EBSCO or send out a call to all libraries to file a case in the EBSCO portal to request this feature?

Andrea
********************************
Andrea Imre
Associate Professor