[ArchivesSpCollig] call for proposals: Chicago Research Summit 2023, themed “Curiosity and Creativity in the City” (online Fri., Oct. 20)--deadline Sat., July 1

Edwards, Eric A EEdwards at ILSOS.GOV
Wed Jun 28 21:04:52 UTC 2023

Please excuse any cross-posting.

(via RAILS)

The Chicago Research Summit<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.chicagoresearchsummit.org/__;!!DZ3fjg!7XzOmMkLox_9wL7kXWCyzqksz0BBfhA3-m6zJ8AdjjN_hMjUf9gnIphvuG5_XobDHp9MWwdqi9e6Mu1-9uu2sZhC6G8$ > is on Friday, October 20. The theme is “Curiosity and Creativity in the City”. We invite you to propose a session<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.chicagoresearchsummit.org/present__;!!DZ3fjg!7XzOmMkLox_9wL7kXWCyzqksz0BBfhA3-m6zJ8AdjjN_hMjUf9gnIphvuG5_XobDHp9MWwdqi9e6Mu1-9uu2ZNFggig$ > for this one-day online summit. Individual sessions, lightning talks, and panel proposals are welcome; all sessions and talks will be virtual.

We are seeking presenters across disciplines to lead engaging and stimulating sessions that illustrate how they are using Chicago-based research pedagogy to enhance undergraduate student learning. We are also interested in sessions that share research, institutional best practices, successful programs, assignments, coursework, and creative approaches to this method of instruction. Lastly, we encourage representatives from Chicago area museums, cultural institutions, and community organizations to submit proposals that highlight their services, resources, and collections. We encourage submissions of presentations or panels that relate to the theme of “Curiosity and Creativity in the City” including own-voice narratives, oral histories, creative projects, or other approaches.

The deadline for submitting proposals has been extended to Saturday, July 1. Please share with colleagues and friends!
The Chicago Research Summit is made possible in part by a RAILS CE Grant<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://railslibraries.org/grants/event__;!!DZ3fjg!7XzOmMkLox_9wL7kXWCyzqksz0BBfhA3-m6zJ8AdjjN_hMjUf9gnIphvuG5_XobDHp9MWwdqi9e6Mu1-9uu2Qk2qR-8$ >.

Eric A. Edwards
Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building