[Discovery_PVE_Comm] Secret search parameter to improve title search results?

Gibson, Jessica oram at uillinois.edu
Fri May 17 15:16:03 UTC 2024

Hi, everyone,
While I don’t want to throw a wrench into Laura’s upcoming part of the June 11th webinar on Search Ranking, I’ve been catching up on my Alma/Primo customer list emails, and I found the recent thread (attached; read from the bottom up; the magenta highlighting is mine) to be quite interesting. Apparently, there is a previously secret customer parameter, discovery_customer_defined_exact_match_field, that might help with exact title search matching.

I would like to get the Committee’s thoughts on this since it sounds like it may be another on setting that needs to be coordinated consortially, but our next meeting isn’t until June 5, less than a week before the webinar. Could we at least start to discuss via this topic via this committee email list in advance of our meeting?

Are you all experiencing the same issues outlined in this thread with searching?

Do you think this setting might help based on the descriptions?

Should I file a Case to ask Ex Libris to see if they will enable this setting in our Sandbox so we could compare the differences in our 5 sandbox IZs and NZ Primo VEs with our production Primo VEs?

We can perhaps also do some basic testing using other sites Primo VEs who indicate they have turned it on; for example, Lesli’s library is https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://thslc-houston.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/search?vid=01TEXASHEALTH_HOUSTON:TMC_INST&lang=en__;!!DZ3fjg!_1S9731apWaL8OW9Xm5SFXDd-5nleteqvWltEcEskSgSikhSuyYMu7_33hm8LegHRWQHzCMcXP1SKXmSvLHh46PknHLLitBSNpY$  .

thanks,
-Jessica

--
Jessica Gibson