[IL-SCOERs] Upcoming Illinois SCOERs Workshops

Leigh, Michele mleigh at uillinois.edu
Fri Aug 12 20:30:50 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!

I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone of our upcoming Illinois SCOERs workshops. While these were designed for the Il SCOERs awardees, they are open to ALL CARLI members. We hope you will join us.

Aug 16, 2022   10:00am - 11:30am
Illinois SCOERs: Copyright Basics and Creative Commons Licensing
Register: https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUkcuygqjkuEtDWCu6gDvSM1SAlpjOX64EH
CARLI is pleased to offer a course with Sara Benson, the Copyright Librarian at the University of Illinois.  This course is designed for the Illinois SCOERs grantees and is open to all CARLI members.
Learn how copyright is formed, licensed, and how to find copyright free or openly licensed images and articles.
Please join us to learn more!

August 23rd, 2022, 10-11am (CST) (RESCHEDULED)
Illinois SCOERs: Print your first 3D object
Description: Come with any questions you have based on your experience so far with your 3D printers. In addition, you will learn how to "slice" your 3D models into 3D printable objects using the free and easy to use Cura<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura__;!!DZ3fjg!6O2qFhh1_FW6UFOmkUnjIO4pMENxKz_Fjgny4sA9EeDEsadpMPkyjkNfnYldbQVo-E7rR0RVhE3zmFsa0o3xXJfEx5zQ$ > software. You will receive a demo of the slicing software as well as on finding free 3D printable objects online. We will end the session with information on your first printing assignment to help get you started.
Register: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://illinois.zoom.us*5Cmeeting*5Cregister*5CtZAocOuhqzkiEtDDVzgAZie0A2zKWuKaGef1__;JSUl!!DZ3fjg!6O2qFhh1_FW6UFOmkUnjIO4pMENxKz_Fjgny4sA9EeDEsadpMPkyjkNfnYldbQVo-E7rR0RVhE3zmFsa0o3xXL_1fzqX$ <https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAocOuhqzkiEtDDVzgAZie0A2zKWuKaGef1>

Aug 24, 2022      2:00pm - 3:30pm
Illinois SCOERs: What is Accessibility and Why is it Important?
Register: https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEkceCvqD8jGdwSu2WCxo_EfdtrT-qpevLV
CARLI is pleased to offer a course on accessibility with Ann J. Fredricksen, the Coordinator of Accessible Media Service at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.  Ann will discuss what accessibility is and why it is important for the creation of Open Educational Resources.
Please join us to learn more!

Additionally, every Thursday from 3-4 we have an Open Illinois SCOERs office hour<https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84245967645?pwd=VkVQeGRQQVIvdXA2dWg4Umx4UU5rQT09>, come with questions about the Round 1 projects, applying for Round 2, or anything OER related!

Best,
Michele

Michele Leigh, PhD
Open Illinois Senior Coordinator
The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois
100 Trade Centre Drive, Suite 303
Champaign, IL 61820
217-333-2824
mleigh at uillinois.edu<mailto:abcraig at uillinois.edu>