[IL-SCOERs] Il SCOERs reminders and updates

Leigh, Michele mleigh at uillinois.edu
Fri Aug 26 21:08:00 UTC 2022

This is a friendly reminder of some of the excellent workshops planned as part of the Illinois SCOERs grant, funded by the Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education and the U.S. Department of Education. These workshop are designed to aid in the creation of Open Educational Resources and are open to all CARLI member institutions.

August 30th, 10-11am (CST)
Illinois SCOERs: Review of 3D Printing so far
Join 3D printing expert, Elisandro Cabada in a review of first printing assignment, what was your experience like? We will learn about known issues with the 3D printer and discuss other best practices to promote successful printing. In addition, we will begin to learn about the different filaments provided through the grant and what the use cases are for each. At the end we will discuss the next 3D printing assignment, where we will print a more complex object. REGISTER<https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84320602091?pwd=cUVBLzdnbWFBNDZoT1dLTzFQaDFFZz09>

Aug 30, 2022   2:00pm - 3:45pm
Illinois SCOERs: Permissions and Fair Use
CARLI is pleased to offer a workshop with Sara Benson, the Copyright Librarian at the University of Illinois. This course is designed for the Illinois SCOERs grantees and is open to all CARLI members.
In creating Open Educational Resources you might find that you need to use an article or image that has traditional copyright. If you must use a copyright protected item, learn about how to conduct a fair use analysis and, in the alternative, how to ask for permission to use a copyright protected item in your work.
REGISTER<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZErf-GvqTkrHN22wCaenu5C-wqrI4uWWBPC>

Aug 31, 2022      2:00pm - 3:30pm
Illinois SCOERs: Incorporating Accessibility into your OER Project
CARLI is pleased to offer another course on accessibility with Ann J. Fredricksen, the Coordinator of Accessible Media Service at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Ann will instruct participants in some of the particulars of creating accessible media, offering tips and tools for designing accessible open educational resources.
This workshop is part of a series of workshops designed for the awardees of the Illinois SCOERs sub-grants and is open to all CARLI members. Please join us to learn more!
REGISTER<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAvcOqgrDMpHNUPEGWDmGfkWvhZqogKgSAN>

The Illinois SCOERs weekly office hour<https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84245967645?pwd=VkVQeGRQQVIvdXA2dWg4Umx4UU5rQT09> is open to anyone with questions related to the sub-grants and OER creation.

Finally, we have added some new events to the Il SCOERs Round 2 calendar, come find out how you and your faculty can get funding to create Open Educational Resources and ancillary materials!

Sept 6              Informational session about the application process from 2-3:30 pm. Register<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYpc-igqD0tEtUdmDv-PYB3nyDNOFbZNGMY> to attend.

Sept 15            Informational session about the application process from 1:30-3:00 pm. Register<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMpf-iorTkjG9FqHjUMFag0UFNjOZCy6jli> to attend.

Sept 19            MeetGreetCollaborate session to find potential collaborators from 3-4:00 pm. Register<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIsde2hpzsuHNEtQwcf2MsDpZJShDesCM7K> to attend.

Sept 26            MeetGreetCollaborate session to find potential collaborators from 3-4:00 pm. Register<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMkcO-hqzgvG9FisEfvVDcSfsrz2X4B-UT0> to attend.

Sept 28            Informational session about the application process from 2-3:30 pm. Register<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZErd-GoqjMoH9JTGhC-IxXpw5pm4I6cAVAs> to attend.
Oct 3               Interested parties should fill out an Intent to Apply<https://www.carli.illinois.edu/intent-apply-scoers-sub-award>.
Nov 1              Application Deadline [mail all documents to mleigh at uillinois.edu<mailto:mleigh at uillinois.edu>]
Nov 1              Scoring of applications begins

Michele Leigh, PhD
Open Illinois Senior Coordinator
The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois
100 Trade Centre Drive, Suite 303
Champaign, IL 61820
217-333-2824
mleigh at uillinois.edu<mailto:abcraig at uillinois.edu>