[IL-SCOERs] 3d printers

Leigh, Michele mleigh at uillinois.edu
Tue Jul 5 20:10:07 UTC 2022

Hello again everyone!

I had a question about where the 3D Printers should be housed and thought it best to respond to everyone. According to the grant we received for the purchase of the printers and materials:
The project will purchase 3D printers and filament for the libraries that will be writing the textbooks for the project. The printers/consumables will be purchased by CARLI and given to sub-grantees (the libraries writing textbooks) for permanent ownership.

It would be OK for the printers to be housed in a department on a temporary basis, but at the end of the project they should be returned to the library.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Michele

Michele Leigh, PhD
Open Illinois Senior Coordinator
The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois
100 Trade Centre Drive, Suite 303
Champaign, IL 61820
217-333-2824
mleigh at uillinois.edu<mailto:abcraig at uillinois.edu>