[IL-SCOERs] Additional 3D Printing workshops

Leigh, Michele mleigh at uillinois.edu
Wed Jul 6 20:58:33 UTC 2022

Please note that some of these events have already been shared with you. Also not Alex's Office Hours are scheduled during our weekly IL SCOERs Office Hour.
As mentioned previously, please share with your team.

  *   Session 1 (90 minutes with 15 minute break): Getting started with your 3D Printer
     *   Date and Time: Tuesday, July 26th, 2022, 10-11:30am (CST)
     *   Description: General introduction to 3D printing, setting up your workspace, learn best practices for maintaining your equipment and supplies, and find out what expectations are for each grant project 3D printing coordinator.
     *   REGISTER<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZApdemurzIsGdzOj-IZP_c0GKr49_XQd1WL>
  *   Session 2 (60 minutes): Print your first 3D object
     *   Date and Time: Tuesday, August 9th, 2022, 10-11am (CST)
     *   Description: Come with any questions you have based on your experience so far with your 3D printers. In addition, you will learn how to "slice" your 3D models into 3D printable objects using the free and easy to use Cura<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura__;!!DZ3fjg!96O85ELKQ6t3JcfAo0187TkWkztzBFzeLJ1EZJnzoqMRtp8OlafEdhWirrXafKTsKNaXmJBvT5GR8FkuTcstyOOnRb88$ > software. You will receive a demo of the slicing software as well as on finding free 3D printable objects online. We will end the session with information on your first printing assignment to help get you started.
     *   REGISTER<Register%20%20https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAocOuhqzkiEtDDVzgAZie0A2zKWuKaGef1>
  *   Session 3 (60 minutes): Virtual Zoom Office Hours
     *   Date and Time: Thursday, August 11th, 3-4pm (CST)
     *   Drop In<https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84245967645?pwd=VkVQeGRQQVIvdXA2dWg4Umx4UU5rQT09>
  *   Session 4 (60 minutes): Review of 3D Printing so far
     *   Date and Time: Tuesday, August 23rd, 10-11am (CST)
     *   Description: Review of first printing assignment, what was your experience like? We will learn about known issues with the 3D printer and discuss other best practices to promote successful printing. In addition, we will begin to learn about the different filaments provided through the grant and what the use cases are for each. At the end we will discuss the next 3D printing assignment, where we will print a more complex object.
     *   REGISTER<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUlcuCrqDovGtzEpDiJZt8oKH9tHC_EOEeT>
  *   Session 5 (60 minutes): Virtual Zoom Office Hours
     *   Date and Time: Thursday, September 1st, 3-4pm (CST)
     *   Drop In<https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84245967645?pwd=VkVQeGRQQVIvdXA2dWg4Umx4UU5rQT09>
  *   Session 6 (60 minutes): Review of second printing assignment
     *   Date and Time: Tuesday, September 13th, 10-11am (CST)
     *   Description: General introduction to using 3D modeling software, how to find free/cloud based design software and how to export models into 3D printable objects.
     *   REGISTER<https://illinois.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMsdO-hpzosHdx6NSRJOhU7WE3rOTP3wA_g>
  *   Session 7 (60 minutes): Virtual Zoom Office Hours
     *   Date and Time: Thursday, September 22nd, 3-4pm (CST)
     *   Drop In<https://illinois.zoom.us/j/84245967645?pwd=VkVQeGRQQVIvdXA2dWg4Umx4UU5rQT09>

Stay tuned for information on Accessibility workshops.

Best,
Michele

Michele Leigh, PhD
Open Illinois Senior Coordinator
The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois
100 Trade Centre Drive, Suite 303
Champaign, IL 61820
217-333-2824
mleigh at uillinois.edu<mailto:abcraig at uillinois.edu>