[spcollig] Learning Opportunities at ExLibris GLUGM 2010

Michael North m-north at northwestern.edu
Tue Nov 2 10:51:18 CDT 2010

Some great learning opportunities:

Voyager Access SQL Reporting "hands-on" computer lab  (day long workshop).
-  learn how to setup your Voyager reports and get stats (Acq/Cat/Circ).

Advanced topics in Voyager Access SQL Reporting - Using FUNCTIONS

Tour of the Northwestern Primo application with bX, Primo Central, and a new
Blackboard integration adaptor.

Panel Discussion about Primo Implementation at Northwestern.

How to use Perl programming to enhance Voyager functionality and statistic gathering
for Acq,Cat,  and Circ.

Batchloading MARC records for Elec Resources at Notre Dame

Voyager Web Services and Web Applications

Mobile OPAC for ALEPH.

Workflow Redesign for Technical Services

There will be several presentations by representatives from Ex Libris.  Topics cover
the new URM development including a new Demo, as well as various product updates.

---------------- ------------------------------------------------

The Great Lakes Users Group (GLUG) is a regional association of ELUNA, which is the
"Ex Lbiris Users of North America" (ELUNA).  The Ex Libris Users of North America
(ELUNA) is a not-for-profit educational group of users of library software products
licensed by Ex Libris.  The national ELUNA organization meets yearly with each
region meeting yearly as well.

This is a great opportunity to meet other users who use Ex Libris products (Voyager,
Aleph, Primo, SFX, Metalib, Primo/Primo Central, bX, Rosetta) as well as meet
representatives of Ex Libris who will be in attendance.  The agenda this year will
cover a broad range of topics (if you would like to "present" you can still submit
it) and the day long Voyager MS Access SQL Reporting workshop (hands-on) is a very
popular workshop.

Now that you know what GLUGM is and what they are trying to do, please visit the
official conference website at:
http://library.calumet.purdue.edu/glugm/

--------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

Great Lakes User Group Meeting (GLUGM) 2010

          November 9-10, 2010

                 with

Preconference Workshop  (MS Access SQL Voyager Reporting (hands-on lab)

             November 8, 2010

On November 9th and 10th the Great Lakes User Group will meet in Evanston, Illinois.
 Our host this year is Northwestern University Library and the Conference will be
held at the Hilton Garden Inn.  We are adding presentations daily and have a one day
hands-on workshop planned for the 8th.  Registration is open for the workshop,
conference and hotel.  Please remember registration includes the Opening Reception
on Monday evening.

You can find the official conference website at:
http://library.calumet.purdue.edu/glugm/

To submit a presentation go to:

http://library2.calumet.purdue.edu/glugm/_forms/presentationapp.html

To register for the conference:

http://library2.calumet.purdue.edu/glugm/_forms/registrationapplication.html

Hotel information and registration (we have a limited amount of rooms so please book
soon):

http://library.calumet.purdue.edu/glugm/hotelandtravel.html

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.  We look
forward to seeing you at the conference.

Sherrie

Sherrie Kristin
Purdue University Calumet
Powers Building, Room 224i