[spcollig] Database solutions for the Archives

Chris Prom chris.prom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 08:47:47 CDT 2010

Laurie,

I should also mention that Scott Schwartz and I would be happy to answer any specific questions you have in relationship to Archon.  As you probably know, we developed it at the University of Illinois and are in the process of planning to merge it with Archivists Toolkit, so you should make your decision based on what your current needs are, knowing that we are planning to migrate to a common platform eventually.  The other piece of open source software you should look at, which is mentioned in Lisa's Report, but not to same extent as Archon or AT, is ICA AtoM.  It is a great program as well, and similar to ARchon in some respects.

Thanks,

Chris
____

Chris Prom