[spcollig] references/510 field in VuFind

Ann Myers amyers at lib.siu.edu
Wed Jan 5 16:35:43 CST 2011

We have also had issues with this. When I have contacted CARLI about it
they have indicated that they do not want to make this field part of the
default view. I don't know whether individual libraries can customize
things so this field does display or not. We are continuing to enter the
information in the 510 field and are hoping that this issue can be
resolved. Maybe if other libraries also complain?

We also generally refer patrons to the Classic catalog option, since
there are other problems with how our records display in VuFind.
Specifically, certain fields for archival collections do not display:
351 and 545 don't display at all, and 520 only appears under more
details. Has anyone else found this to be a problem? Again, CARLI's
response seems to have been that maybe individual libraries will be able
to customize.

--Ann

Ann Myers
Special Collections Cataloger