[spcollig] IACRL 2012 Conference Registration Now Open

Chambers, Margaret mchamber at uillinois.edu
Tue Nov 8 14:50:32 CST 2011

Sending on behalf of IACRL. Please excuse any cross-posting...

***

Registration is now open for the Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) 2012 Conference.  The conference, entitled "Adopt, Adapt, Accelerate," will be held March 16, 2012, at the Doubletree Hotel in Oakbrook, Illinois. The conference is broadly themed as "Adopt, Adapt, Accelerate."

For more information on the conference, to submit a proposal and to register for the conference, visit http://www.ila.org/iacrl2012

The Programming Committee for the Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is issuing a call for participation.  In keeping with the theme, "Adopt, Adapt, Accelerate" the programming committee is interested not only in poster presentations and traditional panel presentations (e.g. groups of four 15 minute papers), but also in "focused discussions" - groups of 5 minutes (or less!) - position statements around a broad theme followed up by give-and-take between/ among audience and panel members) or in other non-traditional presentation formats. In short, we are actively encouraging people to explore new ways of sharing knowledge at the conference. Please submit your panel topics along with mode of presentation, abstracts of the papers (for traditional panels) or summaries of discussion positions (for focused discussions).

If you are interested in another presentation format, send us a summary of what you would like to do with one hour of the conference's time that would enlighten, educate, amuse, infuriate, or otherwise intellectually stimulate your colleagues in the Illinois academic library community.

If you have topics you would like to hear about (but not present on yourself), please send them to Susan Swords Steffen (susanss at elmhurst.edu<mailto:susanss at elmhurst.edu> ) and we will do our best to find presenters. Think of this as “patron driven convention programming.”