[spcollig] Temporary storage

Nelson, Jamie jamienelson at augustana.edu
Wed Nov 16 12:42:31 CST 2011

We are in the initial stages of investigating off-site storage
possibilities for our Special Collections (both rare books and archives)
from May 2012 - September 2012 due to the possible renovation of the Thomas
Tredway Library.  We would require about 5,200 linear feet of shelf space,
mostly of 11" deep shelving.  The storage area needs to be secure, and
environmentally controlled.  We would not access our materials during this
time; we will not accept reference requests while the materials are
off-site.

I would appreciate hearing from you if you have
suggestions/recommendations for specialized vendors (packers, movers,
records storage facilities) in Illinois.  Also, if anyone is familiar with
obtaining  (renting?) temporary shelving, I'd love to hear about that, too.

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Nelson
Special Collections Librarian