[spcollig] Care for Special Collections

Fran Kovach fkovach at siumed.edu
Wed Jan 29 11:22:02 CST 2014

Hello Mike,

Recently we added a current Rare Book Librarianship book to the
Reference Collection that may be helpful in answering questions about
caring for the 19th C. Lincoln books. Information about the book is
listed below if you do not have this already.

Galbraith, Steven Kenneth,Smith, Geoffrey D. () /Rare book librarianship
:an introduction and guide2012/

Table of Contents

  * Foreword p. vii
  * Introduction: "Our Time" and Staying Relevant p. xiii
  * 1 A Brief History of Rare Book Libraries p. 1
  * 2 Rare Books as Texts and Historical Artifacts p. 13
  * 3 Getting to Know Your Collections p. 41
  * 4 Caring For and Preserving Rare Books p. 51
  * 5 Digitization p. 79
  * 6 Security and Disaster Preparedness p. 93
  * 7 Collection Development p. 103
  * 8 Accessioning and Cataloging p. 115
  * 9 Copyright p. 121
  * 10 Outreach p. 127
  * 11 Continuing Education p. 159
  * 12 Selected Reference Resources p. 165
  * Index p. 17

Regards,
Fran