[spcollig] Looking for a home for WWII collection

Pamela Sue Hackbart-Dean phdean at lib.siu.edu
Thu Jun 11 08:36:11 CDT 2015

I am trying to help a donor find a home for a collection of World War II letters.  His email to me stated:  "We have inherited about 4 dozen letters from a WWII enlisted man to his girlfriend and future wife, both from the Effingham area.   Do you know of a place where we might deposit the letters, which are easy to read, well-written, and factual but without much military importance: the writer spent much of his time in one training camp or another."

Any suggestions of repositories documenting World War II in Illinois that might be interested?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pam

Pam Hackbart-Dean, CA
Director, Special Collections Research Center

MORRIS LIBRARY-SPECIAL COLLECTIONS RESEARCH CENTER
MAIL CODE 6632
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
605 AGRICULTURE DRIVE
CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS  62901