[spcollig] University Yearbooks

Lang, Esther erlang at tiu.edu
Tue Oct 31 16:00:51 CDT 2017

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct listserv to send this question to, but
I wanted more information regarding university yearbooks.

Last year (2015-2016) was the last time our school created an annual
student yearbook.  We were losing too much money creating them, since not
enough students were buying them, and not many were interested in making
them.  However, I believe that a lack of yearbooks will be a huge
historical loss for our school.

I am assuming that many other schools have also stopped printing
yearbooks?  If yes, what are you doing about this historical loss?  Are you
creating digital yearbooks, somehow preserving student directories, or not
doing anything at all, etc.?

We have access to CONTENTdm, so I thought it might be worth putting
information from the student directories there, or something like that?
However, that would make student information public online, which may not
be a good idea.

I would love to hear what others may be doing.  If you know of a better
listserv to direct this question to, please feel free to let me know.

Thank You,

*Esther Lang*
Collection Management Librarian | Trinity International University
2065 Half Day Rd. | Deerfield, IL 60015
(847) 317-4009 | erlang at tiu.edu