[spcollig] Opportunity to Share Your Preservation/Conservation Experiences

Swanson, Nicole Marie long20 at uillinois.edu
Tue Sep 10 09:48:47 CDT 2019

The CARLI Preservation Committee wishes to conduct email interviews with Preservation Managers, Conservators, or anyone in libraries with specific knowledge or who have had an interesting experience in the following topics:

* Planning surveys or assessments
* Creating or implementing a long-range preservation/conservation plan
* Staff training
* Preservation of digital collections
* Emergency response
* A program for environmental controls
* A program for conservation treatment
* Preservation of archival materials
* Improvements to reduce exposure to light
* Collections security
* Exhibit design and preparation
* Integrated pest management

Library preservation is a relatively small field, and we can often learn a great deal from each other's experiences and information. Sharing our experiences, even the ones that surprised us, both good and bad, can help our fellow Preservation Managers. If you or your institution has knowledge or experiences you would like to share regarding the topics above, please contact the CARLI Preservation Committee at support at carli.illinois.edu<mailto:support at carli.illinois.edu> by November 1.

Interview content will be shared with the CARLI membership via Preservation Tips in the CARLI Newsletter and on the CARLI website as a part of the Committee's 2019-2020 annual project.

Thank you,
Ann Lindsey, Head of Conservation, The University of Chicago Library
Co-chair of the 2019-2020 CARLI Preservation Committee