[spcollig] Thomas Hardy collection available

Meg Miner mminer at iwu.edu
Fri Jul 10 16:00:07 CDT 2020

Colleagues,
I am sharing the following on behalf of a retired faculty member who is
looking for a good home for his collection of books and ephemera. He
provided the following statement and list of highlights. If you would like
to contact him, reply to me off list and I'll put you in touch!
Meg

"Most of the books are in superb condition, though some of them will have
my marks
and comments in the margins. This has been my working library, during my
career as
a Professor and Hardy scholar."

Here are a few highlights:
• Complete Wessex edition (25 volumes, including Herman Lea's
Thomas Hardy's Wessex in the same binding)
• Complete Pocket edition in red cloth (28 volumes, including Herman
Lea's Thomas Hardy's Wessex in the same binding)
• Complete run of first editions of Hardy's 8 volumes of verse, plus the
three volume first edition of The Dynasts, Selected Poems and Chosen Poems,
the Queen of Cornwall, Hardy's edition of Selected Poems of William Barnes,
and including Very Fine copies of the elusive Wessex Poems and Poems of the
Past and the Present.
• Complete run of first American editions of Hardy's volumes of
verse, including the three-volumes of The Dynasts.
• Both of the scholarly editions of Hardy's poems (Gibson and Hynes)
• If not complete then very nearly so, collection of every critical work
on Hardy published since about 1950 (over 200 volumes)
• Complete Purdy & Millgate Collected Letters, in 8. volumes.
• Complete New Wessex and Oxford World's Classics editions of
Hardy's fiction (paperback).
• Microfilms of the holographs of Hardy's 8 volumes of verse.
• Dozens of pamphlets, offprints, and other oddments.
• Hardy Ale, Poole Pottery items and other ephemera.

--
Meg Miner, MLS, Associate Professor
University Archivist & Special Collections Librarian