[spcollig] call for proposals: Association of Moving Image Archivists 2020 Annual Conference (online Nov. 16-21) -- deadline extended to Sat., Aug. 15

Edwards, Eric A EEdwards at ILSOS.GOV
Fri Jul 31 16:15:57 CDT 2020

Please excuse any cross-posting.

(via Laura Rooney, Association of Moving Image Artists)

The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) invites additional proposal submissions for papers, sessions, and workshops for the 2020 Annual Conference - online November 16-21, 2020. The deadline to submit a proposal is now Saturday, August 15.

Thank you all who responded to our survey  - overwhelmingly, while everyone's first choice would be to meet in person in El Paso, concerns about the circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic make a virtual event the safest approach this year. As we celebrate our 30th anniversary, we also believe this is an opportunity to reimagine the conference as an online event that allows broader participation and new voices, is more affordable to attend, and can help us model ways of keeping what we learn as part of our next in-person experience.

The goal of the AMIA Conference is to present a broad-based program that speaks to a wide range of attendees with a balance of theory and practice, inviting new ideas and concepts that stimulate additional interest, involvement, and educational benefit. In keeping with ongoing membership discussions about diversity and inclusion, we urge proposers to use AMIA Conference sessions as an opportunity to include new voices and offer diverse viewpoints.

In addition to general programming, the Conference there are two potential program streams this year:  Content as Data: Archival Approaches to Computational Analysis and Borders and Borderlands: Conversations and Documentation (http://www.amiaconference.net/borders-and-borderlands-conversations-and-documentation/).  The Committee welcomes proposals on these topics and all issues to do with media archives with particular emphasis in the area of Latin American media heritage and practices.  Other areas of interest include innovative technical solutions, tools and strategies for workflow and data management, sustainable preservation practices & archival approaches to climate crisis, and development of an equitable and inclusive profession.

For more information, go to http://www.amiaconference.net/call-for-proposals-amia-online/.

Eric A. Edwards
Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
300 S. 2nd Street
Springfield, Illinois  62701-1796
eedwards at ilsos.gov
(217) 558-1928
(217) 782-4446--Fax

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.