[spcollig] registration open for Comic Studies and Practices Symposium (online July 18-19, Mon.-Tues)--deadline Fri., July 15

Edwards, Eric A EEdwards at ILSOS.GOV
Wed Jun 15 13:22:02 UTC 2022

Please excuse any cross-posting.

(via V. Dozier, University of San Diego)

We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the inaugural Comic Studies and Practices Symposium (CSPS)!

Hosted by the University of San Diego's Copley Library, the 2022 Comic Studies and Practices Symposium is an event featuring panels, presentations, posters, and keynote addresses from leaders in comic studies, comics publishing, authors, scholars, and more. We use the terms comics & comic studies to encompass comics, graphic novels, manga, webtoons, and other sequential arts. CSPS is designed to provide a higher education-focused space for LIS professionals, scholars, & graduate students to discuss comic studies and practice.

The Symposium will be held July 18-19 (Monday-Tuesday), using the Zoom Events platform. We have some excellent speakers and presentations planned, including keynote addresses by Dr. Chesya Burke (Critically Acclaimed Author and Assistant Professor of English at Stetson University, Florida) and John Jennings (Eisner Award-Winning Graphic Novelist and Professor of Media and Cultural Studies at the University of California, Riverside).

You can see the full program agenda here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://digital.sandiego.edu/csp-symposium/2022/__;!!DZ3fjg!5DYQ32LlvBYrwI7g9zwmt6ivUuMnnd0-A7QSTs-m_RPtaVMZlImPQroHEyNDawtUUBeXZoSxMH0ejJotS4Yq3y8TqSM$ . All sessions will  be recorded and available to registrants after the symposium

Special note: This event is generously funded by a SCELC Project Initiatives Fund (SPIF) Grant. If you are a Librarian or Archivist employed within a SCELC (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.scelc.org/aboutlibrary__;!!DZ3fjg!5DYQ32LlvBYrwI7g9zwmt6ivUuMnnd0-A7QSTs-m_RPtaVMZlImPQroHEyNDawtUUBeXZoSxMH0ejJotS4YqgxRvGl0$ ) or organization, we have free early bird registration for the Symposium. The first 200 SCELC registrants is  will be awarded this promotion.

To register, please go to https://events.zoom.us/ev/DCLna8LsD339lHL8rwAAFgAAAH662xO9n5N1sDjRoI_D_FXyVODvtyQ5tErZmcuOp_3ffVPvEphI~AL-5Xyqo5UaVW4dWMs9iCf0Lxk4WLSWDeiIjEFI. The cost of a general ticket is $50.00.

If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to csps at sandiego.edu<mailto:csps at sandiego.edu>.Registration closes Friday, July 15, at 2:00 PM CDT.

We look forward to seeing you virtually!

Eric A. Edwards
Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building