[ArchivesSpCollig] save the date: International Visual Literacy Conference--online Mon. Oct. 2, and in-person Thurs., Oct. 5 - Sunday, Oct. 8 at UIUC; proposals due Sun., April 1

Edwards, Eric A EEdwards at ILSOS.GOV
Thu Mar 2 22:30:25 UTC 2023

Please excuse any cross-posting.

(via Sarah Huber, Purdue University)

Save the Date! Its official - the next IVLA (International Visual Literacy Conference) Conference will be at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The hybrid event will feature an online Conference day Monday, October 2, with in-person Conference events happening Thursday, October 5, through Sunday, October 8. We hope to see you there!

The Conference theme is Ways of Seeing. As professionals who may be practicing artists, educators, or museum professionals, and as people with different cultural backgrounds and life experiences, we all have different perspectives when it comes to interpreting visual information. This conference will examine those perspectives and ask what we might learn from each other.

Call for Proposals

The IVLA is now welcoming proposals for our 2023 conference. Please visit https://go.illinois.edu/IVLA  for the Call for Proposals. Proposals are due Saturday, April 1.

Virtual Session Information
Virtual presentations will be offered for those unable to travel to Champaign and will prioritize presentations from our international members and presenters who are unable to travel. Sessions will include formats such as paper presentations (25 min), panel discussions (55 minutes), and workshops (2 hours).

In-person Session Information
Sessions will include formats such as poster sessions, paper presentations (25 min), panel discussions (55 minutes), campfire (55 minutes) and workshops (2 hours).

For additional details, including information on registration once it opens, please go to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ivla.org/conference/__;!!DZ3fjg!5-NR4zlHBeZyR8z0XgK-EVpbwANQlxbTpXWzIgspl-faIWSDa_eeXh6dJBelHwNh_0u6cgVLQZ-7BQRyqAlRi8N61Vc$ .

Eric A. Edwards

Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building