[ArchivesSpCollig] call for participation: survey on how archival institutions engage their LGBTQ+ materials

Edwards, Eric A EEdwards at ILSOS.GOV
Mon Mar 13 14:09:22 UTC 2023

Please excuse any cross-posting.

(via Kestrel Ward, University of Florida)

My name is Kestrel Ward (University of Florida), and my research partner is Evangeline Giaconia (University of Florida). We are undertaking a study to understand how archival institutions engage their LGBTQ+ materials. To that end, we have developed a survey to collect data on how institutions around the US catalog, collect, use, and make accessible their LGBTQ+ archival materials.

The purpose of this study is to determine how archives use these historically invisible materials, with the aim of developing strategies for making LGBTQ+ materials more easily accessible. We encourage everyone to take this survey, no matter your knowledge about LGBTQ+ materials or culture. The survey is less than 20 questions, and data will be anonymized in any resulting work.

This is the anonymous link for the survey: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5APXNsY6oKKKFsq__;!!DZ3fjg!871RDbegAwUYYgPJJwvQ_FqhwHMcafloDEVVCSiUYMGpKy6CL4Ti5gAHIiJMJowxZwWI88GklqD96wGHooVg5NoI5b8$ .

Thank you very much for your time!

Eric A. Edwards
Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Illinois State Library