[Discovery_PVE_Comm] To-do bullet points from Dec. 6 meeting

Laura Spradlin lspradli at iwu.edu
Thu Dec 7 16:10:47 UTC 2023

Hey, all!

At our November meeting, I thought it was helpful that Lindsey recapped the
"to do" bullet points she noted when taking minutes. Since I didn't share
those in the meeting, I'll do so here, and please correct any errors
(full draft
of minutes here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mpLdtkZmsN1adY_B4blDtenUXvMIT3WkoE0affU7XKE/edit?usp=sharing__;!!DZ3fjg!-iBpj5UvrPg2PPcTF3-FMjXEXxE5IHjfQpN5r7oU4G7oM4KD5PEoFm_VUdPAvyez_lv55yKz_Z9f8MeYdu_ory9nHBxH4f1_LyX9$ >
for context/correction):

   - *Discovering Collection Discovery webinar: *Andrew will see if time
   permits sharing info about adding images to records. Laura will wrap up
   webinar by sharing info about idea exchange/encouraging folks to consider
   voting for this idea
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/308173-alma/suggestions/44841430-alma-collections-allow-to-add-from-network-zone__;!!DZ3fjg!-iBpj5UvrPg2PPcTF3-FMjXEXxE5IHjfQpN5r7oU4G7oM4KD5PEoFm_VUdPAvyez_lv55yKz_Z9f8MeYdu_ory9nHBxH4S-Cx4IB$ >
   .

   - *Local resource types - models: *Lindsey and Jessica will share
   examples from ISU's catalog with Andrew. Andrew will work on rules for
   models for our next meeting.

   - *Local fields (includes decisions made):*
      - Publisher label: Publishers
      - Playing time: Matt will try to insert colons and/or try modifying
      the label. Allan offered assistance using JavaScript for colons;
Matt will
      follow up if colons won’t work with norm rule.
      - Creator characteristic: Will make available for search and facet
      - Publication place: Will use dashes between locations

      - *FRBR/Dedup: *Jessica plans to run dedup/deFRBR process on Bible
   records in December after “no change period.”

   - *Idea exchange:*
      - Andrew and Matt will look through spreadsheet
      <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y0Uo5pajMHPtAxD2gkkrn5KWaBDUVyKLIhvAHmwLkjI/edit*gid=0__;Iw!!DZ3fjg!-iBpj5UvrPg2PPcTF3-FMjXEXxE5IHjfQpN5r7oU4G7oM4KD5PEoFm_VUdPAvyez_lv55yKz_Z9f8MeYdu_ory9nHBxH4T5ST1PD$ >
      to nominate ideas related to local resource types/FRBR (Customize CDI
      activations by resource is an option).
      - Allan will reach out to other CARLI committee chairs (CARLI can
      help provide emails) to talk about choosing topics related to their
      webinars, events, etc. For next meeting, Allan will have suggestions from
      different committees for ideas to promote.
      - Allan will develop something equivalent to Lindsey’s infographic to
      pass around.
      - Ongoing: If you draft an idea exchange nominee, let the committee
      know so we can highlight it!

      - *Resource Recommender/search rankings/boosting: *Continue work on
   this topic individually and bring experiences back to the group.

   - *Boosting records in blended search profiles: *Laura will test if
   “local” setting includes NZ records.

   - *Open access indicators: *Talk to colleagues or look at records at
   your institution to see what we could use to flag open access materials.
   One identified, Lindsey will take this to the Tech Services group for
   further consideration.

   - *I-Share*: Keep on our radar to explore ways to support an
   understanding of I-Share, clarify the I-Share process.

   - *Sometime in January: *Send an email-based update on ongoing work via
   the listserv (discovery_pve_comm at carli.illinois.edu).

Thank you!
Laura

Laura Spradlin *(she/her/hers)*
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Assistant Professor, The Ames Library <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iwu.edu/library/__;!!DZ3fjg!-iBpj5UvrPg2PPcTF3-FMjXEXxE5IHjfQpN5r7oU4G7oM4KD5PEoFm_VUdPAvyez_lv55yKz_Z9f8MeYdu_ory9nHBxH4XJr_wzo$ >
Illinois Wesleyan University
(309) 556-3144
Office Hours & Liaison Areas
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libguides.iwu.edu/prf.php?account_id=329085__;!!DZ3fjg!-iBpj5UvrPg2PPcTF3-FMjXEXxE5IHjfQpN5r7oU4G7oM4KD5PEoFm_VUdPAvyez_lv55yKz_Z9f8MeYdu_ory9nHBxH4UubMO5A$ >