[Discovery_PVE_Comm] Collection Discovery indexing issue

Laura Spradlin lspradli at iwu.edu
Wed Oct 4 22:07:19 UTC 2023

Hi, everyone,

I don't have clean documentation to share on this at the moment (and
apologies, I'm heading out of the office until late next week, so I won't
have it for a bit!), but I'll briefly share the process I mentioned earlier
that has helped with our indexing issue in Collection Discovery.

The problem was that sometimes I would add or remove titles to a collection
in Alma, either individually or in bulk as part of a set, but not all
changes would be reflected in Primo VE (even after waiting days).

Michelle Eichelberger at SUNY and Paul McBride at ExLibris proposed this
solution, which has worked for us: Run the set used to load the collection
through the Recalculate Local Resources Type job. If a set wasn't used to
populate the collection, you can do an advanced search for the collection
ID, save the results as a set, and then run the job. After about 15ish
minutes, our collections display the correct titles.

Thank you!
Laura

Laura Spradlin *(she/her/hers)*
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Assistant Professor, The Ames Library <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iwu.edu/library/__;!!DZ3fjg!7X_TyFkZ7x4jhhma1DzOM_jIoesTYaerFOTgD9zAtkRrBFB2rBzDDOL5Sc15J-f36kxm5BV12hju3yt4GPq_5SwJ97yGmDrC2uVy$ >
Illinois Wesleyan University
(309) 556-3144
Office Hours & Liaison Areas
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libguides.iwu.edu/prf.php?account_id=329085__;!!DZ3fjg!7X_TyFkZ7x4jhhma1DzOM_jIoesTYaerFOTgD9zAtkRrBFB2rBzDDOL5Sc15J-f36kxm5BV12hju3yt4GPq_5SwJ97yGmNiSSswA$ >