[ERMCommittee] ERMC August 24 Agenda and Update

Elizabeth Hollendonner ehollendonner at millikin.edu
Mon Aug 21 21:57:00 UTC 2023

Hello All,

Ebsco will be presenting a webinar this Thursday on a timely topic: Browser Changes: What, When, and How to Prepare your Library's Authentication. We would like those who are able to attend the webinar from 10-11am, then at 11am we will meet as a group and discuss if and how we would like to share this information with CARLI members. Registration can be found at this link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://more.ebsco.com/WWE-2023-08-24-WBN-Browser-Changes-with-Open-Athens-Webinar-2525550_browser-changes-webinar_2525550_lp.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=marketo&utm_campaign=browser-changes-with-openathens_us-ca_academic_saas-resellers_openathens_202307_webinar__;!!DZ3fjg!-oK7xa-HfkzxKCY06hGyxmLyZda6wEByqOZe-d24erBCsUOWb_sJwoqKUIfvhk2QKmp3GrqMiRgGmDdzi_tjqSHOmHZZ78Fo6cpAP04$ >. And here is the description for the webinar.

Changes to browser privacy settings, some expected to roll out over the next year, will impact how libraries access electronic resources, particularly those who do not have a remote authentication method. This webinar is meant to educate and inform our customers of these changes and their impacts, and give them the tools to move forward.

Since we will have a shorter meeting, our agenda is also short. I've attached it for you to peruse.

Thanks,

Liz Hollendonner, MLIS
Assistant Professor
Staley Library
Research/Instruction Librarian
Access Services and Electronic Resources Coordinator
217-424-3709

Responsibility - Input - Restorative - Achiever - Intellection
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9D450.7F6C81B0]