[ERMCommittee] Help with Elsevier off-campus linking

Wallis, Lisa l-wallis at neiu.edu
Thu Nov 9 21:22:56 UTC 2023

I received a some troubleshooting emails recently regarding linking from
Primo VE to Elsevier titles while off campus. Last I knew, it was working
fine, and as with many e-resources issue, I'm not sure where the problem
lies. I figured the problem may have originated with Elsevier, since it's
their landing page that is problematic. They told me to contact OpenAthens.

Here is a video:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://screenpal.com/watch/c06ODLVEzvV__;!!DZ3fjg!5PEgpMp0VfM38OMIdT_sFTqho0hpURBAyFV9NF57JHsAZNkd6tXPwtnLVH3eaaCaDZUGAGMLoz9UI5Qfwg5aLV0swId6$

Is anyone that is using OpenAthens successfully able to link between Primo
VE and Elsevier content while off campus, and if so, would you mind helping
me troubleshoot?

Thanks.
Lisa

--

*If you'd like to meet with me, please schedule yourself on my calendar
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://calendar.app.google/6877kZBhVLcNiGnf9__;!!DZ3fjg!5PEgpMp0VfM38OMIdT_sFTqho0hpURBAyFV9NF57JHsAZNkd6tXPwtnLVH3eaaCaDZUGAGMLoz9UI5Qfwg5aLeKuL0Ll$ >.*

*Need help navigating the NEIU Libraries' resources? Check out
the Introduction to Research at the NEIU Libraries
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://neiulibraries.libguides.com/tutorials__;!!DZ3fjg!5PEgpMp0VfM38OMIdT_sFTqho0hpURBAyFV9NF57JHsAZNkd6tXPwtnLVH3eaaCaDZUGAGMLoz9UI5Qfwg5aLRsrv-ST$ > guide.  Y**ou can
also reach out through chat or email
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.neiu.edu/neiu-libraries/ask-librarian__;!!DZ3fjg!5PEgpMp0VfM38OMIdT_sFTqho0hpURBAyFV9NF57JHsAZNkd6tXPwtnLVH3eaaCaDZUGAGMLoz9UI5Qfwg5aLSbxz_np$ > any time if you have
questions.*

Lisa Wallis, eResources & Systems Librarian / Professor

*NEIU Libraries*

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 442-4571

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.neiu.edu__;!!DZ3fjg!5PEgpMp0VfM38OMIdT_sFTqho0hpURBAyFV9NF57JHsAZNkd6tXPwtnLVH3eaaCaDZUGAGMLoz9UI5Qfwg5aLQZQDTJ1$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.neiu.edu/__;!!DZ3fjg!5PEgpMp0VfM38OMIdT_sFTqho0hpURBAyFV9NF57JHsAZNkd6tXPwtnLVH3eaaCaDZUGAGMLoz9UI5Qfwg5aLUoAl4TJ$ >
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://neiu.edu/__;!!DZ3fjg!5PEgpMp0VfM38OMIdT_sFTqho0hpURBAyFV9NF57JHsAZNkd6tXPwtnLVH3eaaCaDZUGAGMLoz9UI5Qfwg5aLWQMVG1Z$ >