[ERMCommittee] Anyone else experiencing issues with Alma/Primo VE SAML login

Imre, Andrea aimre at siu.edu
Mon Sep 18 14:39:26 UTC 2023

Just an update - we had an expired certificate in our Azure (SAML) Integration profile.
The fix was easy once Chris from CARLI helped us identify the problem.

We have been using SAML for Alma /PVE for 3 years and the expiry date fell on Saturday and our IT did not have an advance notification set up for this app within Azure like they usually have for other apps so this fell through the cracks.

If you use SAML, you may want to check the expiry date on your SAML integration profile and make sure to replace a signed certificate before the current one expires.  See instructions from ExL at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/090Integrations_with_External_Systems/060Authentication/020SAML-Based_Single_Sign-On_Sign-Off__;!!DZ3fjg!97xWdfoU2db3u6dXjFuk8_A1gjwxA52ubNN65G8hPMLebKpXAGPPpHquxiVXJZvEcjwGDyLcUesYC0ha0ygjge9h$