[Discovery_PVE_Comm] Updates from Jessica due to meeting conflict

Gibson, Jessica oram at uillinois.edu
Wed Feb 7 14:52:03 UTC 2024

Hello, everyone! I will be in a management meeting between CARLI and Ex Libris and will likely miss our meeting today. Here are a few updates from me:

DeFRBRizing the Bible in the NZ:
As I reported on Jan. 4 to our list, there are many, many fewer FRBR groups now. I didn’t hear any feedback from anyone in January, so I hope you’ll share your experiences today (and I hope things are improved?).  There are still at least two large FRBR groups of Bibles when searching the I-Share Union View<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://i-share-network.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/search?vid=01CARLI_NETWORK:IShare_UNION&lang=en__;!!DZ3fjg!5PjYBy0u71rzCMluINv3-J77gaX0qTnwSNO9ouQUqhy3hzcZMsoa6aEEqJqM25skBK_AJsleldfCoSM01vhCyczQPEsQ-G8Y0_4$ > or the “All I-Share Libraries” search slot in any institution’s Primo VE.  Many of these appear to be coming from local records in IZs that are not shared/linked to the NZ.  I wondered if the semi-annual Primo VE reindex that was ready with the February release would improve those at all, but if anything, only a few dropped out, so more work is needed either in the IZs directly and/or I can ask Ex Libris to recalculate a large set of groups. I have a feeling there are a lot of special collections Bibles out there that are only in the IZs because people didn’t finish the work to add the Local Extensions and then reshare them back to the NZ. (This is a larger issue across I-Share with the special collections “workaround” we used at migration in 2020, not just with Bibles!)

Local Fields:
All of the simple MARC21 fields are already safely defined in the production NZ awaiting deployment. The Sandboxes will be refreshed this Sunday, Feb. 11, so I will copy our work on the Norm Rule fields this week out of the NZ Sandbox and any other IZ Sandboxes that Matt tells me have data before they are gone from there.  Thanks also to Matt for setting up that GitHub repo for the rules as well for safekeeping! I feel like we are getting close with these but I haven’t had time to dedicate to it recently.

Local Resource Types:
Andrew will have an update on the NZ clean-up, but for the Sandbox refresh, again, I will copy out any of our testing work from the Sandbox configurations before the end of the week for safekeeping!

Also, for Models, I think everything I know about them is already in the document I shared back in Sept<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lVRTXsNKcKdHpQQFTmRPP9bkRlUjhIY5/edit__;!!DZ3fjg!5PjYBy0u71rzCMluINv3-J77gaX0qTnwSNO9ouQUqhy3hzcZMsoa6aEEqJqM25skBK_AJsleldfCoSM01vhCyczQPEsQZ6t8AZE$ >.; this local resource type has been put in place in LLC:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://i-share-llc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/search?query=any,contains,*22&tab=Everything&search_scope=MyInst_and_CI&vid=01CARLI_LLC:CARLI_LLC&facet=rtype,include,model&offset=0__;JQ!!DZ3fjg!5PjYBy0u71rzCMluINv3-J77gaX0qTnwSNO9ouQUqhy3hzcZMsoa6aEEqJqM25skBK_AJsleldfCoSM01vhCyczQPEsQkF3ngfE$

-Jessica

--
Jessica Gibson
Assistant Director, System Services